Monday night my daughter Andrea and I had the opportunity to go watch the African Children's Choir perform. It was an amazing show. The children in the choir ranged in age from 7-11 years old who fought daily battles with starvation, war and poverty. Each child in the choir had lost either one or both of their parents to AIDS or other diseases. The children who participate in the choir are guaranteed a college education but they also help raise money so thousands of other children can get educated as well. I had to fight back the tears as I sat next to my daughter who is the same age of some of these children and thinking about all the sadness and pain they have seen in their young lives. It reminded to me to be grateful for all the wonderful blessings in my life and all the conveniences that are available to me and my children living in the United States. For more information you can visit their website at AFRICANCHILDRENSCHOIR.COMWednesday, November 12, 2008
Music for Life
Monday night my daughter Andrea and I had the opportunity to go watch the African Children's Choir perform. It was an amazing show. The children in the choir ranged in age from 7-11 years old who fought daily battles with starvation, war and poverty. Each child in the choir had lost either one or both of their parents to AIDS or other diseases. The children who participate in the choir are guaranteed a college education but they also help raise money so thousands of other children can get educated as well. I had to fight back the tears as I sat next to my daughter who is the same age of some of these children and thinking about all the sadness and pain they have seen in their young lives. It reminded to me to be grateful for all the wonderful blessings in my life and all the conveniences that are available to me and my children living in the United States. For more information you can visit their website at AFRICANCHILDRENSCHOIR.COM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For my kids
So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...
-
Let me just start this post by saying how much moving sucks! I hope I never have to move again (well at least for another 3 years)! This ...
-
This morning I was driving the kids to school and listening to the radio and they had a trivia question. The question was "what countr...
3 comments:
Oh I LOVED this too. I am going to blog about it also. I cried the whole time. Very powerful! Didn't it make you want to take them all home?
Andrea wanted to take them home. It was really cute when she asked me!
How Awesome! I would have loved to see that!
Post a Comment