Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Arrow of Light

Last night was the Blue and Gold banquet(the birthday celebration for scouts). They feed you dinner and hand-out awards to the boys.

Andrea and Bizzy enjoying the sloppy joes
Alex got his Arrow of light last night which is a big deal for cub scouts. It is the only badge that he will be able to wear on his boy scout uniform. He is now an 11 year old scout. He has had a lot of fun along the way making friends and learning some really great skills.

These fine people have been Alex's den leaders for the last year and he has really enjoyed their friendship. They have really gone above and beyond in working with the boys. As a single mom, there are many areas that I try hard but feel I fall short. I am grateful for good people like these guys who can have such a positive influence on my son! THANKS Chelsie, Sam and Allie!

5 comments:

jessica said...

Congratulations Alex! Arrow of Light is a big deal. When I was first called as Primary President I was totally scared of the Cub Scout program. It seemed huge and being a girl I didn't understand it at all. But after three years I grew to love that program and I understand why it is part of Primary and what a great thing it does for boys.

Jean McKendrick said...

WAY TO GO ALEX!! That's so cool. That's really cool you got to go back to your old ward to celebrate. I am sure you guys had a very nice evening. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Tell Alex Congrats! I love looking at the pictures you take. You are such a good Mom!

Leslie said...

Congrats to Alex because it is a big deal. My husband is the webelos leader for six of our wards in the stake (because we are so small as far as youth). I would love to know how they presented the arrow of light to him. We are wanting some ideas.

Leslie said...

Jenny how can I get your email address because I would to hear your ideas on Arrow of light.

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...