Monday, December 29, 2008

The Big Day

When my dad was here last month he started a tradition of making the birthday person breakfast in bed. My kids really liked that idea so Bizzy and I made breakfast for Alex.
One of his gifts was a gift card to Borders bookstore. These are the things he bought.
Alex has a new found love for football this year so I decided to make him a jersey cake. His favorite team is the Broncos so I frosted his cake with orange and blue.
Here is the birthday boy after he blew out all his candles! Can't believe my baby is 11.

5 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Wow, impressive cake! I can't believe he's 11 either, I was there when he came out the shoot, has it really been that long?!

rikki said...

Nice job on the cake! Kaleb is also a HUGE fan of football...playing and watching. Had his first year of tackle this past season. We all loved it!!

jessica said...

Great tradition...great cake! I hope Alex had a great day!

Nicole Norris said...

The cake looks GREAT! Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!! The cake looks awesome! Hope Alex had a great day!

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...