Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spirit week

The last couple weeks of school is always so much fun. This week they did spirit week and had a different theme each day. One day was hat day so they got to wear their favorite hat all day.
They had color wars one day. 1st grade was green, 5th grade was brown and K was yellow. Bizzy got really excited about it because she had never been in a "color war" so she even made herself a yellow badge! That is the paper you see hanging off her pocket:-)

One day was mismatch day. I loved that day because they all just dressed themselves. Saved me TONS of time. These are the outfits they each came up with.

Friday was the wildcat run and the whole school ran a mile. My friend Ashley and I ran with Andrea. She did great! She went from 18 minute mile an 11 minute mile. She only walked a couple of times. It has been a really fun week for the kids!

3 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

How fun! That's a cute idea, a spirit week. I am sure they had a ball mismatching their clothes. My kids wouldn't have to try very hard, seems like I am always making them go change a bottom or a top so they don't look like orphans.

Ahren Carpenter and Family said...

Oh my goodness your kids are getting so big. Yes at the Casino maybe when you are out you can go put $5 in? I did and lost my butt off. The concert was good.

jessica said...

Oh I love spirit week...I just never get pictures to document every single day. Good for you for being on top of it!

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...