Friday, June 19, 2009

Look out scout camp!

Alex is going to an overnight scout camp this year for the first time. He has done day camps but never an overnight one. He was so excited(I was nervous) this is the first time he has been camping without me. He is a good boy and I trust him but when I am there, I am sure that he is safe. He has had his gear packed for a week. They were supposed to leave today at 2:30 but by 1:45. I couldn't contain him. We drove around for a little bit and he insisted we get to the church so he wouldn't get left behind. We arrived at the church at 2:10 and waited.

Here he is loading his gear in the truck.

One final picture of my scout before he left for camp!!!!

3 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Wow, what a big boy! I don't know what I will do when it comes time to send my boys overnight (send Matt with them probably). I haven't spent a night away from the kids ever (I left Kai with McKendricks to have Kaden but he was back within our care in 24 hours). I am sure Alex will have a blast!! I remember going to Whispering Winds and loving every minute of it as a girl scout. When does he get home or is he back already?

Jenny Erazo said...

he gets back today. Then we are off to Oregon for 2 weeks!!!

jessica said...

I love that he was so excited. I would be nervous too, when the girls go to girls camp I am totally going with them!

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...