Thursday, March 26, 2009

WAY TO GO GRIZZ!

This year Alex played on the Grizz basketball team in the city league. There are several teams and I think our team placed 2nd. The rec. program started giving a new award this year for sportsmanship and his team won it. They only picked one team from each league so the boys were really excited! The prize was to go to the Energy solutions arena in Salt Lake and meet a couple of Jazz players.
We all headed down there for a really great evening. The kids got a chance to go onto the court and shoot free throws.
They gave all the kids tickets as they came in the door and gave away door prizes throughout the night. Andrea, Alex and Bizzy all won a prize!
Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur were the players that came to talk with the kids. They talked to the kids about sportsmanship and gave them some good advice. It was a lot of fun!
Here is Alex with a few of his teammates. He is at the age now where it is not so cool to sit with mom anymore plus they got third row seats!

3 comments:

jessica said...

I'm soooo dreading the day I am not cool. To be honest I'm surprised my coolness has lasted this long, I have a feeling Maya will realize how uncool I am very soon.

Jean McKendrick said...

How cool is that! Looks like a really fun night. It's sad, I didn't even know those Jazz players you were talking about. I've been gone too long. :)
Alex looks so grown up and "cool". What prizes did the kids win?

Anonymous said...

How fun! I need to take my boys to a game. It's been a long time since we've done that.

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...