Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Great to be 8!

Andrea turned 8 last week and this past Saturday, she was able to baptized and is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She has been anxiously awaiting this day and I am so proud of her for making the decision! Two of my sisters, their kids and my mom were able to make the trip out here to support her and it meant the world to Andrea.

Andrea got to do a special musical number and she asked her sister Bizzy, her Cousin Ashley, her Aunt Jan and her friend Shelley to sing with her. They did a really great job

This is one of the only pictures I was able to get of my sisters. Jaime just wouldn't look at the camera. Every time I thought I was sneaking up on her, she would hurry and drop her head.

After the baptism, we went to the park to celebrate. Here is a picture of my mom.

Alex modeling the food we ate......it was a great day and I am glad that Andrea had so many people there to love her and support her in her big day!

5 comments:

zauggzoo said...

Fun pictures! So glad we could be there to share her special day. We had such a great time seeing youguys and wish it could have been longer. Maybe next year for Bizzy's baptism we can make it a longer trip!

Jai said...

It was so fun to come out there and see you guys. We'll have to do it again soon. I am debating, I would really like to see the lights at Christmas time, but we'll see. Thanks for not putting my chinny chin chin on there in my flash dance pose. Holy moly, I am one ugly sucker sometimes!

Buff Granny said...

Thanks for having us Jenny. I had a good time and I think we awed the kids when we raced them in the pool doing our IM relay and beat eh socks off of them. Pretty funny! I really had a good time and I am proud to be grandma and mom to such a great family!

jessica said...

Cousins and Tias are the best! It was fun to see your mom and your sisters...sort of..Jaime's picture is hilarious! Baptisms are so awesome, you should be a very proud mama...

Jean McKendrick said...

Congratulations Andrea! Can't believe you are 8, just seems you and Kai were babies!! Wish I could've been there.

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...