Saturday, August 14, 2010

County Fair

Yesterday we went to the county fair. I don't really like crowds of people and hot sun but since they set-up a block away from my house and the kids are old enough that I can't trick them, we went this year. I let the kids invite friends so here are the girls with their oldest and best friend Talya. Alex had a friend come too but he got there a little bit later.

The kids got bracelets so they tried all of the rides......

and the slides. Their favorite was the Gravitron. I think they must have set some type of record for most rides in one day!

It was hot so I had them take a break and walk around and check out the booths with me and get some water. They were excited when they got to meet Andy the Armadillo. Yep, that's right, Andy the Armadillo was at our county fair:)!

After a long day, Alex needed to refuel so he found one of his favorites......Chinese food:)

We had a lot of fun yesterday and I love that as my kids get older, I am still cool enough to hang out with.

6 comments:

doodooguru said...

Oh the fair. I could just sit and people watch for hours... if I could find a clean place to sit! Should I know who Andy is? I am just glad that my kids are young enough to trick and avoid the fair area during that week! You're a saint for taking them.

Jai said...

I remember Alex always being a good chinese food eater. Even when he was little he, as Ashtyn calls it, he crammed on it. We missed the county fair this year. It took place last year.

Nicole Norris said...

We have missed the fair for the last 3+ years. I am at girls camp or this year at Disney World. Maybe next year. I love fair food!

Jean McKendrick said...

I've never taken my kids to a fair. Too hot here for sure. I'd probably die of a heat stroke or nervous break down, not sure which. I would definitely go with you though if we were there.

Katie Abernethy said...

Your kids are getting so big! What a fun mommy to take them to the fair.

jessica said...

The fair....corn dogs, cotton candy, carnie b.o., gas/oil from the rides, cigarette smoke...ahhh who can't get enough of that!

You are a good mom...seriously, your kids have no idea how good they have it!

For my kids

 So I recently showed my kids the blog and they LOVED it! We have looked at all the posts several times and had some good laughs. I decided ...