My grandma made the very best homemade tortillas in the world. For years I have wanted to get the recipe from one of my Tia's but just haven't. A few weeks ago Jaime and I were talking about recipes and SHE had grandmas tortilla recipe. I decided to give it a try this morning and they turned out GREAT! It's a lot of work to roll them out and get them thin enough but they were worth it! I put peanut butter and jelly on them for my kids(which is the way I ate them when I was growing up) and they really liked them!
3 comments:
YUM, those look great. Peanut butter and jelly though? That doesn't do them justice. You need some refried beans, chicken (in that red sauce) and dad's spam. Topped off with some fresh garden tomatoes. How long did they take you to make? I probably won't ever make them if they are hard.
I grew up on homemade tortillas too! My toppings of choice were homemade refried beans, sour cream and stinky cheese...so healthy I know...
A provider made me a bag of tortillas that was in my class. They are so yummy. How are you guys? Let's go to the park with Lindsay when it warms up a bit.
Post a Comment